Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Around Again It Comes--Part 16

Falerina regarded the various dresses in Armida's wardrobe with keen interest.  "Hmmmm... this is very nice..." she said, holding a low-cut shift of light blue silk up to her chest as she looked at herself in the mirror. She peered at her reflection for a moment, then turned to Enyo.  "What do you think?   Is it my color?"

The woman gulped.  "Do you want my honest opinion?"

The Dev gave a rather menacing smile.  "I insist on it."

"It's really not," muttered Enyo.  "You're so pale already, and it makes you look... dead."

Falerina considered that for a moment, then nodded.  "So it matches my feelings.  Good choice!"  She began to slip into the dress then frowned.  "Oh, fudge.  I'll need to cut this for my wings."  She gestured at Enyo to come forward with a knife. 

Enyo frowned as she walked forward at Falerina's bidding and began to cut at the dress.    "You really don't listen to people, do you?"

"Sure I do!" said Falerina.  "I'm not deaf!  Just don't care about what they say, most of the time.  It's bla-bla talk.  Boring and useless.  Like them."  She pulled the altered dress on and smiled.  "There!  All done and byootifuuuul!"  She blew her reflection a kiss.

Enyo winced.  "So what now?"

Falerina considered things.  "Well, I have a lot of choices.  However, for now... oh, I think once I'm done getting dressed, I will find something liquid and flamable, drench as much of this place with it as possible, and then set it ablaze."

Enyo stared for a moment.  "Wha...?"

"Oh, yeah," said Falerina, as she regarded a collection of shoes.  "You'll be staying in here when that happens."  She squeezed one foot into a shoe, and wiggled it around.  "I might just have you do something like cut bits of flesh off yourself while it's burning.  I haven't decided yet.  But I am leaning towards that."

Enyo struggled for a response.  "I thought you said you weren't going to kill me nastily," she whimpered at last, the only thing she could think of.

"I lied," said Falerina with a shrug.  "I'm a nasty meanie liarpants.  I thought you all knew that, really."

No comments:

Post a Comment