Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Around Again It Comes--Part 37

"Right, right, right," said Morgaine.  "That's it.  I think you've got it."  She took a deep breath.  "Right.  Just back away now.  I think my head will stay on now."

Eurydice nodded and stepped away from the Dark Lord.  Morgaine smiled fixedly.  "Yep, perfect!" she announced, placing her hands on her hips.  Her head tottered and rolled off.  Morgaine muttered something indistinct and likely obscene. 

Eurydice sighed and performed the Obeisant Gesticulation.  "My apologies, Your Excellency," she said, walking towards Morgaine's head.  "She... really pulled a number on you, didn't she?"

"Thank you for the sterling display of the obvious," muttered Morgaine with a pout as Eurydice picked her up.  "Care to tell me that water is wet next?"

Eurydice scowled and raised the Dark Lord's head to hers.  "That was uncalled for.  I am only trying to help," she said wagging a finger at her.  "This is hardly a just reward for my loyalty."

"I know," said Morgaine, looking guiltily away.  "I'm just... pissed that she kicked my ass like I was a nobody.  I thought she'd just be a bit... freaky, and it turns out she's... super-freaky.  And not in the good way.  The scary way."

Eurydice found herself wondering what Morgaine meant by that, but decided that it was part of the Dark Lord's personality that she preferred not to inquire into, like the section of the library with the perverted books.  You knew it was there, largely so you could avoid it, and guide younger siblings away from it. 

She set the head on the body that was presently propping itself up against the wall.  "Okay, another try..."  Eurydice stared at the clean cut that had severed it.  "Do you have any idea how she did this?"

"It was over so quickly, that mostly I just got a chance to notice it had happened," muttered Morgaine quietly.  She shut her eyes.  "Right.  I'm just going to sit back and... heal from this, instead of trying to rush things.  Best way."  She took a deep breath.  "Yep.  Take my precious time."

"Morgaine!  Dearest sister!" said Nisrioch cheerfully, walking down the hall.  "And young le Fidele!  Salutations!" 

Morgaine's eyes blinked open.  "Hey, Nissy.  Don't hug me now.  I might fall to pieces."

"Ohhh," groaned Nisrioch.  "But you're just so adorably huggable!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment