Saturday, May 21, 2016

Around Again It Comes--Part 54

Viviane glanced at her brother-in-law.  "So... what just happened?"

Nisrioch shut his eyes.  "Something ended."

Morgaine glanced at her brother from her position on the floor.  "That sounded... vague and unhelpful."

"The ways twist and turn on me," muttered Nisrioch. "I see, and then I see naught.  My apologies."

"That was even more vague and unhelpful," said Morgaine.  "But I hurt all over, so I'll leave it at that."

Jean nodded.  "Yeah."  She glared at their prisoners.  "It was bad enough fighting these yahoos the first time.  A second..."

"Hey," said Leucippe, "it wasn't exactly all roses and moonshine for us."

"Speak for yourself," declared Arsinoe brightly.  "I had a lovely time.  You are all wonderful people, and it has been a pleasure and an honor to do battle with you."

Jean looked at the young witch and then turned to Leucippe.  "She has problems doesn't she?"

Leucippe threw her head back.  "You can imagine growing up with her," she muttered.

"Please don't make my head hurt," said Semele.  "At least, not anymore..."

Footsteps echoed down the hall.  The little group turned to see Mansemat walking towards them, carrying Armida in his arms. Viviane smiled at him.  "So, you did it."

Mansemat managed slow nod, and then glanced around.  "We need to get her to some place with a bed.  I fear she is... dying."

Nisrioch glanced at his dying cousin and nodded.  "I believe that there is one not too far from here."

Jean glanced at the other witches.  "What about these guys?"

Mansemat turned to follow his brother wearily.  "Let them go.  There's been too much killing this night."

"After what they've done?" asked Viviane raising her eyebrow.

"Yes," answered her husband.  "Because I think they'll realize what will happen if they try it again.  And that is a message that I want people to hear."

No comments:

Post a Comment