Saturday, June 4, 2016

Around Again It Comes--Part 60

"And here it is!" stated Nisrioch grandly.  "The Gustathopathon, which harnesses the raw power of wind, allowing us to travel with immense speed over great distances."

"Oooooh!" declared Antea.  "It is impressively large."  She peered at it more closely.  "Though is it supposed to have such large and jagged tears in its structure?"  She glanced at her father.  "I would imagine that would be quite damaging to its function."

Nisrioch stared at it for a moment.  "Oh yes.  I rather forgot that I have not checked on this for... some time.  Bother."  He considered things.  "I suppose we could use the Aviamulitpator--oh, that's right.  I never gathered those eagles for it."  He sighed.  "Probably for the best.  It has been over a decade since I came up with the idea."

Antea patted him on the arm.  "I will appreciate traveling with you however we wind up doing it, father."

"That is grand," said Nisrioch.  "How does a carriage sound?"

Antea smiled broadly and clapped her hands together.  "With cushioned seats?"

"Exceedingly cushioned!" answered Nisrioch, as he lead her out of the hallway.  "Ahh, my offspring, you are proving such a consolation to me.  So much of what I have planned has failed, but you, who  I most assuredly did not, are a balm.  There is a lesson there, but I can't quite figure what it is."

"I am sure you will think of something," noted Antea.  She sighed.  "I must confess, Father, I found Cousin Armida's tale... strangely heartbreaking."

"That's because it was," noted Nisrioch.  "It is funny.  We think of a matter as finished and done, but the wheel turns, and around again it comes..."  He gave a laugh. "It never ends."

"What father?" asked Antea.

"All of it, my dear," he answered, taking her by the hand.  "All of it."

No comments:

Post a Comment