Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Light the Lamp So Bright--Part 34

Sacripant glanced at the door.  "So, you're back.  Got the noodles?"

Nathan nodded as he set the satchel on the small table.  "And the crepe. But we have to move soon.  There's a killer trailing me.  Probably more than one.  I put the fear into him, but I suspect the Guild's put more in him."

"Does he have a peg leg?" asked the prisoner.

"He does," replied Nathan.

"That's Camber, my partner," said the prisoner with a smile.  "He's probably coming to kill me.  I'd appreciate you stopping him."

Sacripant nodded.  "Right.  We'll try that."  He glanced at the Nathan.  "We have enough time to eat our noodles?"

"Most likely," said Nathan.

"Can I please have my crepe?" asked the prisoner.  "I mean, you did make me pay for it..."

"Right, right," said Sacripant, fishing it out.  "Here you go..." He sighed.  "All right, I need something to call you other than 'guy'."

"Lamorac," said the prisoner.  "It's a family name.  My grandfather, actually.  Nice guy.  Bit of character.  Once killed a man with a broom handle."  He gave a fond chuckle.  "Ahh, man, those were the days.  When you killed a guy, you had to say something witty, or it didn't count."

No comments:

Post a Comment