Thursday, March 9, 2017

Light the Lamp So Bright--Part 59

Lamorac grinned at Camber.  "Well, isn't this fantastic?  Us working together like this again?"

Camber grunted, as he peered at the door across the way.  "Yes.  Yes.  It's wonderful.  Does that look open to you?"

"No," said Lamorac, shaking his head.  "It's clearly closed."  He nodded to himself.  "But, yes, I'm glad you appreciate our close working bond, which has endured our brief bout as enemies to reemerge, stronger than ever."

"Mmm-hmm," muttered Camber.  "Still closed?"

"Yes," replied Lamorac.  "I don't know why you think it would be different after only a few seconds."

"Well, it's bound to change some time," stated Camber.

Lamorac narrowed his eyes.  "I'm starting to think that this is a ploy to avoid my discussion of our deep working relationship."

Camber frowned.  "That is a baseless accusation," he stated, pointing at Lamorac.  "I am gravely insulted.  It is clear one of us does not value our working relationship despite his statements to the contrary, and that this person is not me."

"I'm sorry," said Lamorac, bowing his head.  "You're right.  I was being petty and hypocritical.  Your willingness to point that out is precisely what I value about you as a person."  He slapped Camber companionably on the shoulder.  "You truly are a good friend."

Camber stared at the hand with some awkwardness for a moment.  "Ahh, yes, thank... you.  Is..."  The door flew open, a panicked man rushing out into the street.  "Nevermind," said Camber, as he and Lamorac began to walk across the street to get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment