Saturday, July 15, 2017

Whither Goes the Wind--Part 12

"Are you sure this is wise?" whispered Etain.

"Of course it is," said Lulea as she clambered uneasily on the wall.  "The Maker left us the mirror to help us fix problems, and that is exactly what I am doing."  She gave a sudden yelp as she nearly lost her grip on a buttress.

"Can't you just fly?" asked the Salamander.

"Not here!" hissed the Sylph.  "Anyway, stop distracting me.  I need to focus."

"Well, it just--what you said sounds rather self-serving..." muttered Etain.

"Oh, who's the one doing secret work for its boss involving said-boss' sibling?" murmured Etain.

"Hey, I'm a her!" said Etain.  "Same as you!"

Lulea blinked.  "I'm sorry, but I had a hard time telling..."

"You Sylphs are so mean," muttered the Salamander.  "Are you going to tell me all Salamanders look alike next?"

"Well, you are all kind of little and orange," noted Lulea as she reached the cabinet and cracked it open.

"And you people are all kind of big and... sort of bluish," snapped Etain.  She turned to stare at the mirror.  After a moment, her mouth opened wide. "It's so... shiny..."

"It certainly is," whispered Lulea.

No comments:

Post a Comment