Thursday, July 20, 2017

Whither Goes the Wind--Part 14

"I am now absolutely certain this is a bad idea!" said Etain, as she and Lulea sped through the air, the Salamander clinging to the Sylph's back for dear life.

"Hey, you wanted to find the Golden Road!" said Lulea eyes flickering between the mirror and what was in front of her.  "This is how we'll do it!  And then, I'll return the mirror, and everything will be fine!"

"We've been gone for hours!" said Etain.  "They'll have noticed it's gone!"

"That's for me to worry about!" shouted Lulea.  "You'll be safe home!  Toasty and warm!"

"Except you don't seem to be finding the Golden Road!" snapped Etain.

"I am working on it!" replied Lulea.  "I really though the mirror would be easier to use!  Maybe..."   She began to shake it fervently.

The Salamander blinked.  "You really have no idea how to use it?"

"Oh, I have an idea," said Lulea.  "It's just... vague.  And completely untested."

Etain was silent for a moment, and then let out a scream.  "Flying feathered thing!" she shouted.

"I told you the last five times, they're birds!" said Lulea as she dodged it.

"Yes, yes, I'm certain it will sink in eventually," muttered Etain, tightening her grip on Lulea's back.

No comments:

Post a Comment